Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Guam Quilt


Last summer I went to Guam :) My dad is in the NAVY and has orders there so I got to go see him. While I was there I spotted a fabric store and my dad so willingly pulled in. The fabric was over priced but I found some remnants that I liked and wanted to use for a vintagey quilt I've been wanting to make. At the cash register I realized they didn't give any discount for end of bolt fabric...

I couldn't decide on a pattern until a local sewing studio was having a jelly roll marathon sewing day and decided to sign up and use this fabric.


I had plenty of fabric and was able to make 2 throw quilts. They were given to my mother and grandmother after they helped out my boyfriend buy a last minute plane ticket to come see my dad when he came back into town for a short visit. We had been dating for 1.5 yeas, it was time.




The quilting was done with a long arm at that same swing studio. It was very last minute and they were quilted over night. No extra fees for the rush! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment